Along with regular health issues,we look after the following aspects of men’s health:
- Well Man Medical
- Cholesterol Measuring
- Prostrate Cancer Screening
- Diabetes Screening
- Liver Function
- 24 Hour Blood-Pressure Monitoring
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Sexual Health : STD Screening
Well Man Medical
Early detection of the signs of disease can prevent serious illness in the future. By having a comprehensive health check you will gain a detailed picture of your present state of health and by making the suggested changes in your lifestyle you can be proactive in promoting good health for yourself into the future.
Prior to the consultation you will need to complete our medical questionnaire ,as this information helps to highlight any special concerns and family history.
WHAT TESTS ARE CARRIED OUT?
- Electrocardiograph Heart Tracing (ECG)
- Lung Function Test (Spirometry)
- Haematology profile (FBC)
- Liver function tests (LFT)
- Kidney function tests (U&E)
- Thyroid function test
- Fasting Lipids(Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, Triglycerides)
- Fasting Glucose
- Haemochromatosis blood test
- Urine Analysis
- PSA Prostate blood test (aged over 40)
- DEXA Scan (for osteoporosis)
- BMI Scan
- Physical Examination including mole examination
- Eye Test
- Hearing Test
- Full Lifestyle analysis with the doctor
- Supplementary tests may be suggested and arranged in certain cases. These tests may need to be carried out in a hospital setting and will carry an additional fee, for example:
- Chest Xray
- Stress/Exercise ECG
- Calcium Score/CT scan of Coronary Arteries
- Ultrasound Scan
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Screening is the process of identifying a medical problem at its early stage, when treatment and management is much easier. A regular medical examination gives you useful information about your health and can sometimes also highlight familial or genetic conditions. Advice will be provided with regard to the management of any short-term and long-term medical problems.
APPOINTMENTS FOR FULL MEDICALS
Please remember to fast (i.e. no food, but water is allowed) for 14 hours beforehand, to ensure accurate cholesterol and glucose results.
To make the appointment, please contact our reception staff on 051-370057
We also provide Men’s Health Workshops – delivered in the workplace by Dr. Mark Rowe as part of our Occupational Health Service.